The Horse Who Wouldn't Die
The Biography of a Useless Horse
by H. B. Farmer

**Now available as an ebook**

Monday, April 22, 2013

George Morris Berates Squirrel For Low Standards

 George Morris

The offending squirrel

AUSTIN, TX   A George Morris clinic was interrupted yesterday when a chattering squirrel drew Morris’s ire.  Morris stopped the clinic to berate the squirrel, who was sitting in a nearby tree.  “If you want to learn anything you need to keep your mouth closed and your ears open.”  He then went on to criticize the squirrel’s work ethic.  Morris told the chatty squirrel, “I have paid my dues, but I still work hard.  When winter is approaching I am still out there gathering nuts.”

Kelsey Martinson was riding in the clinic when Morris went on his rant.  “We were working on shoulder-in when all of a sudden he started yelling at this squirrel.  Then he looked at me and was like ‘Kelsey, do you expect excellence from your squirrels?’  I had no idea what he was talking about, so I was like, ‘Yes, sir, Mr. Morris.’  Then he was like ‘See, Kelsey understands the importance of excellence.’”

The offending squirrel declined to be interviewed by the Road Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment